LOVE

Monday, January 26, 2009

So Beth did this thing at the end of her blog to see what word represents you best! She got LOVE! Well, I decided to do it also and guess what my word is LOVE! Love according to googling is as follows:


Definitions of love on the Web:

* a strong positive emotion of regard and affection;
* any object of warm affection or devotion;
* have a great affection or liking for;
* beloved: a beloved person; used as terms of endearment
* get pleasure from; "I love cooking"
* a deep feeling of sexual desire and attraction; "their love left them indifferent to their surroundings"; "she was his first love"
* be enamored or in love with; "She loves her husband deeply"

LOVE is such a SMALL word but has such a BIG meaning!! I don't see how anyone can go through life without love. Love does not just pertain to people. You can have a love for many things. I know Beth has a love for photography, Kimmy has a love for reading, Stefanie has a love for taking care of children, Michael Kidd has a love for singing and song writing, Tammy has a love for teens, Teri has a love for cooking and baking, and I have a love for teaching. These are just an example of what you can have a love for. I know that everyone I listed above has more things they love than what I stated above. I was just trying to show you that love doesn't have limits. I know that there is ONE LOVE that we all have in common, JESUS!! Jesus is the true meaning of love. HE is the only ONE who will ever be able to demonstrate true love. He came to the world to SAVE US from eternal death. He laid down HIS life so that we could know what it is to LOVE!! How many times have we ever thought about what it is to truly love someone or something? LOVE COMES FROM ABOVE! If we all live to be as close to being like CHRIST, we all have love. I sometimes ponder on, could I ever give my life up so someone else could live. That is a hard thing to grasp. Could I really do that? I say I could but since having a family and small children, I don't think that I could do that because I want to be here for my children and my husband. If GOD would ask me to give up my life so someone else could live, I would probably come up with every excuse imaginable. I mean, I would love to be sitting at the foot of JESUS, listening to His every word but what about my children. I know that HE would be sure to take care of them and to help Mike to do his best raising them and if GOD asked me to give up my life for someone else, I would probably after a long list of excuses do just that. No matter if I know the person or not. GOD knows what He is doing and HE wouldn't ask us to do something if HE didn't see we were fit to do it. No I wouldn't want to give my life up but it isn't about what we want, it is about what GOD wants!! I don't know if any of you have ever thought about this or not. LOVE! I do LOVE enough to lay down my life. Besides the example of CHRIST, here is a scripture that shows LOVE!

Genesis 22 (New International Version)

Genesis 22
Abraham Tested
1 Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, "Abraham!"
"Here I am," he replied.

2 Then God said, "Take your son, your only son, Isaac, whom you love, and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains I will tell you about."

3 Early the next morning Abraham got up and saddled his donkey. He took with him two of his servants and his son Isaac. When he had cut enough wood for the burnt offering, he set out for the place God had told him about. 4 On the third day Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance. 5 He said to his servants, "Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then we will come back to you."

6 Abraham took the wood for the burnt offering and placed it on his son Isaac, and he himself carried the fire and the knife. As the two of them went on together, 7 Isaac spoke up and said to his father Abraham, "Father?"
"Yes, my son?" Abraham replied.
"The fire and wood are here," Isaac said, "but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?"

8 Abraham answered, "God himself will provide the lamb for the burnt offering, my son." And the two of them went on together.

9 When they reached the place God had told him about, Abraham built an altar there and arranged the wood on it. He bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. 10 Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. 11 But the angel of the LORD called out to him from heaven, "Abraham! Abraham!"
"Here I am," he replied.

12 "Do not lay a hand on the boy," he said. "Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son."

13 Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram [a] caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 So Abraham called that place The LORD Will Provide. And to this day it is said, "On the mountain of the LORD it will be provided."

15 The angel of the LORD called to Abraham from heaven a second time 16 and said, "I swear by myself, declares the LORD, that because you have done this and have not withheld your son, your only son, 17 I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, 18 and through your offspring [b] all nations on earth will be blessed, because you have obeyed me."

19 Then Abraham returned to his servants, and they set off together for Beersheba. And Abraham stayed in Beersheba.


Now there is a great example of LOVE! Abraham was willing to sacrifice his only son Isaac to show GOD that he truly loved him. Abraham loved his son Isaac and I am sure did not want to do this but he loved GOD even more. I am not really sure if all of this really ties together. These are just my thoughts when I got the results of LOVE being the word that describes me. I do believe that if GOD asked me to give up myself or anyone that I LOVE, I would do it after a long battle. After all, GOD gave us HIS ONLY SON so that we may live. Why couldn't I give up myself or someone else so that there may be others who could live to know HIM!

Hope this all makes sense. I am from this day forward going to do my BEST to show and be the example of LOVE that GOD has shown us! GOD IS LOVE!!!

Have a great day and be BLESSED!!












Your Word is "Love"



You see life as possibility to form deep connections with a few people.

Relationships are the center of your world, and you always take time to bond with those you love.



You are caring and giving. You enjoy helping those you love.

And when it comes to romantic love, you feel passionately ... even in a very long term relationship.

0 comments:

The Benner Family

The Benner Family

My Princesses!

My Princesses!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP