PRAISING JESUS!!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008



Well, yesterday was a long day but with all the prayers, my dad has come through his surgery with no problem. It was just amazing. When we went there before his surgery, they said that they were replacing 2 valves in his heart, his main artery to his heart needed replaced and they were going to start a port for kidney dialysis. Low and behold, when the surgeon came out, he said he only had to do the valve that was HIGHLY infected. Let me tell you, it was soooooooo infected that when they touched it, it fell off. NO cutting it off! The doctor said that he was glad they did the surgery when they did because if they would have even waited one more day, he is not sure that my dad would have made it through it. He was lucky it didn't fall off before they touched it!! It was so amazing to hear that news. We were so relieved. My dad has miraculously made it through another major heart surgery and survived it. He was told that he probably wouldn't make it again 4 years ago when he had the valve put in. The valve was a pig's valve and they replaced it with a human valve! Isn't that quite amazing that they can use every little part of someone's body who passed on?!?!?! It is so important that you donate your body for transplanting when you pass on. You could save a life no matter the size of the part that is used! I mean, a heart valve is a small part but has given my dad another chance at life! They are able to use much more of deceased bodies than what they were able to use years and years ago. I am just so thrilled that this valve was available because of someone else's willingness to donate all of their body for people who are fighting for their lives. THANK YOU TO THE FAMILY OF THE DECEASED LOVED ONE WHO GAVE TO MY DAD! My dad has been a fighter. He is definitely a walking miracle especially for all that he has endured for the last 10 or so years! I think that he has beat the odds many times over and over! He is my hero! Thank you for all the prayers that went up on his behalf!

Now, I would like to sing to my friend on her birthday:





HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR BETHY,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Hope you have a fantastic birthday!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, of all pictures!!
You are in a heap of trouble for that one! HAHA

Seriously, thank you very much!
:0)

Kimmy said...

I'm so happy to hear the good report on your dad. What a blessing for your family!


Great pic of Bethy by the way...;-)

Teri said...

I'm so glad to hear good news and praise report for your dad. Very happy for your family. God is so good!

The Benner Family

The Benner Family

My Princesses!

My Princesses!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP