Happy Veteran's Day to All who deserve it!

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It has been a while. I was really trying to find the perfect poem in honor of my dad but wasn't successful! I hate when you are looking for something but nothing can be found. Then later on you run across something that would have been great well the song in this post was an example of just that.

So here is a post. I need to say a special thanks to my hubby for serving our country in the Navy years ago. I also need to say thank you to all of those who are serving our country now in such a unquestionable time. May God keep you all safe while you are out there protecting our freedom and our rights!

Now, this song has been running through my head all day!





I am so amazed at what the Lord has done in my dad. He has had 3 surgeries in the last 3 weeks and has been given life over and over. My dad has been sick for quite a while now. He has had open heart surgeries, a pacemaker put in,a trac put in for a little boost with his breathing, he keeps getting blood infections that they don't know where they stem from, he had his leg amputated in June of this year, he has been diagnosed with emphasema, he has cardiovascular disease and diabetes which is not a good thing, he had a pacemaker put and yet he is still here with us. He IS truly a walking miracle.It amazes me so much that God has chosen to save my dad over and over again when he really wasn't supposed to even make through another surgery. He has had about 5 surgeries just this year for something or another and he has been put under for them all. Each surgery lasted at least 2 hours or more. That is a lot in just one year. I have sat here in awe at the wondrous works the Lord has done for my dad! He gets to celebrate another birthday with us because God has chosen to let him live. He will be 70 years old on November 29th. He will be in some kind of rehab whether it be at a rehab hospital or a nursing home. Before all of this happened with his heart and the emergency open heart surgery, he was finally fitted for his prosthetic, so he has his leg waiting for him to learn to use. I am excited that he is still here with us yet I don't understand why he keeps holding on to life here on this earth? God must really have a terrific purpose for him although we may not see it. Let me encourage all who read this, GOD TAKSE CARE OF HIS CHILDREN, young and old! He knows what He is doing even if we don't understand. We need to always go to Him with every situation and He will lead us one way or another. I am amazed by you oh Lord!!

I think I am going to end this. I hope that this song ministers to you like it has me all day long. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

For some crazy reason I lost your link in my bookmarks.

Good post! Well written!

The Benner Family

The Benner Family

My Princesses!

My Princesses!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP